How do I synchronize/Force AD replication between two domain controllers in a Domain, normal AD replication is scheduled however some time we require to synchronize manually
There is many ways to do this we will see one by one
Force active directory replication / Force AD replication through the Microsoft Management Console (MMC) or Forcing replication through Active Directory Sites and Services snap-in
1. Go to Start –> Programs –> Administrative Tools –> and open the “Active Directory Sites and Services” MMC.
2. Expand the “Sites” container in the left pane by clicking the plus (+) to the left of it.
3. Expand the container that represents the name of the site containing the server that needs to be synchronized.
4. Expand the “Servers” container and then expand the target server to display the NTDS settings object.
5. Click the “NTDS Settings” option. In the right pane should now be a list of the target server’s replication partners.
6. Right click a connection object in the right pane and click “Replicate Now
Force active directory replication through Replmon Tool
1. Go to Start –> Run –> type replmon –>and this will open a Replmon console
2. Click on > edit and select –> Add monitored server
3. Select –>Add the server explicitly by name –>Next
4. Enter the server name that needs to be synchronized > Finish
5. Expand the Partition that needs to be synchronized (Exg: Domain partition)
6. Select the connection object needs to be synchronized
7. Right click a connection object and click “Synchronize with this replication partner”
8. Wait for the replication
9. You will get the status message once the replication get completed
10. If any error while the time of replication then you will get the meaningful error message
Force active directory replication through Repadmin command
Open the Command prompt CMD
repadmin /replicate destination_dsa source_dsa Naming Context
repadmin /replicate server2.Domain.com server1.Domain.com dc=Domain,dc=com
Destination server Name: server2.Domain.com
Source server Name: server1.Domain.com
Naming Context : dc=Domain,dc=com (Domain partition)
This parameter is used to override the Disable Replication option on a directory server. Do not use this parameter unless you are certain that replication has been disabled, and that you want to override this setting.
Specifies that the operation will be asynchronous. This means that repadmin starts the replication event, but it does not expect an immediate response from the destination directory server. Use this parameter when there are slow links between directory servers.
Forces a full replication of all objects from the destination directory server.
A given destination can have multiple sources for the same naming context. Directs the destination to sync with all sources instead of just one. This parameter cannot be used with source_dsa.
I would strongly recommend to use the Replmon tool or repadmin command,to force active directory replication since you will get the meaningful error message and the status message once the replication get completed