Installing Exchange 2007 in your existing Exchange 2003 environment
• Complete the prerequisties to install the exchange 2007 (.net 2.0, MMC 3.0, Power shell) in corresponding order.
• Install IIS(Internet Information Service).
• Run Setup/preparelegacypermissions.
• Run Setup/prepareschema.
• Run Setup/preparead
• After complete this steps check whether below exchange groups are created or not.… [Continue reading]
Find the below test case configuration for the user, when you migrate Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007
What are settings changed to default settings of target forest when migrating between forest
|Exchange 2003 settings (before migrating) & After Migrated to Exchange 2007
| User mail box Storage Limits
|| It’s changed to default settings
| Deleted items retention
|| It’s changed to default settings |
… [Continue reading]
If you want to migrate users and mailbox across forest (Cross-Forest to Cross-Forest) then you have to sync the GAL to maintain Mail flow between forests and user form one forest to resolve the user name from other forest in GAL
Gal Replication using MIIS 2003 for cross forest
• want to share free/busy information across the forests, make sure … [Continue reading]